httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: Proposal for URI->filename mapping doc.
Date Mon, 06 Jul 1998 19:00:16 GMT
On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Ben Hyde wrote:

> If the implementation matched this doc would it be
> safe, useful, and a good thing?  - ben

Possibly. I really don't like the idea of having directives turn on and
off certain behaviors WRT this stuff. It just doesn't seem like a good
idea. It seems certain to me that we should be able to determine what
filenames are legal, and which are not, and stick to it without causing
problems (of course, implementation may be another issue).

[...]

> When it becomes necessary to convert this name to an actual
> filename the following rewrites are done.  These are done
> only on Windows to create a UNC.  Apache does not ever use
> the disk syntax (e.g. "C:\foo\bar.txt").

Uh... it doesn't?