httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: Resurce Temporarily Unavailable : Could not spawn child process for ..
Date Sat, 04 Jul 1998 18:32:09 GMT
This is probably due to resource limits, specified in /etc/login.conf.
Erm... perhaps not in that version of FreeBSD, but it is in current 2.2
and 3.0-current FreeBSD's.

Run a "ulimit -a" from the shell (assuming a Bourne shell) before starting
Apache, and that will show you the resource limits.  The "max user
processes" is the main one to worry about.