httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirk.vangu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: PR 2553 and 2282
Date Tue, 07 Jul 1998 19:41:34 GMT

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Shouldn't (unsigned) be (unsigned char), as in
>
> #define ap_isalnum(c) (isalnum(((unsigned char)(c)))
>
> or is the potential lack of (unsigned char) the problem?

Hmm, certainly in the area the lack of proper testing and debugging.

>From personal experience with porting things such as Tcl/Tk to machines on
which signed vs. unsigned matter; I fear that this opens up a whole can of
worms. Whereas a normal char (or signed int), though arguably wrong,
gives expetable behavour. Given the boxes most of us have access to I
would have trouble seeing how to debug and test that.

dw.