httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: general/2751: Handler problem false, should not be logged. (fwd)
Date Fri, 31 Jul 1998 20:19:54 GMT
Hmm.  Ok, I see the (my) confusion.

Technically, you shouldn't AddHandler for an Action script you should
AddType.  But the implicit assumption is that a */* content type handler
will get anything that may have a specific handler handler (which makes
sense) and can then take action on it.

The problem is that means that even if we don't have any "*"s, a "*/*" can
still do something with a handler even though it is only getting things
based on content type; that is the way mod_actions works.  Is it
technically correct?  All a matter of definitions.