httpd-dev mailing list archives

From David Southwell <da...@cyberc.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: FW: RE: AIX bff file for apache
Date Fri, 31 Jul 1998 12:57:58 GMT
On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Lars Eilebrecht wrote:

> Last week I've fwd. Jim Hassing's request to this list... and no
> one responded, so I thought that there are no objections.
>

> I we are not able to produce binary distributions of the current Apache
> version we should not reject contributions from 'other people' who want to
> built binary distributions (of course we should mark them as 'unofficial'; BTW

> comments are solicited

Would it be possible to have a /contribs_3rdParty hierarchy accessible
from the apache web site and by ftp  comprising:

/unofficialApachebinaries ./AIX ./WIN ./etc etc etc
/sources
/modules
/developerresources
/documentation
/contributions  ./packages ./tools ./applications
/contributors  ./members ./commercialsupport ./other

My suggested criteris for inclusion is as follows:

A strong and directly demonstrable relationship and or involvement in the
use, or development, or understanding of Apache and any developments
incorporating or based upon it.

A copy of proposed contributions should be made available to those
responsible for administering it and their decision would be final.

Here I would feel it is perhaps appropriate that third partuy
contributions be signed by PGP -- if it is third party then it is
essential that the source be identifiable. Links to contribs_3rdParty
should contain the caveat that the Apache Group make them available as a
convenience to Apache Users.

As I am new around here it would be inappropriate to offer to administer
the resource but I would certainly be willing to help whoever does.

david

David Southwell
Chairman
CyberCity Ltd            (European agents for CyberCity Inc. BVI)
+44 117 955 8225            CyberCity Technology in Europe
BCDP Technology ++Beyond the Corporate Doorway Processing Solutions++