httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy and win32
Date Thu, 23 Jul 1998 21:06:47 GMT
On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Marc Slemko wrote:
> >
> > The LoadLibrary docs say:
> >
> > Windows 95: If you are using LoadLibrary to load a module that contains a
> > resource whose numeric identifier is greater than 0x7FFF,
> > LoadLibrary fails.
> >
> > How do I figure out what resources a module contains?
>
> Various ways. The cutest comes with the new Visual Studio 6 stuff,

Don't have, can't use.

> called DEPENDS.EXE. Unfortunately, it says mod_proxy contains 1 exported
> resource, which is proxy_module. Its ordinal is 1.

Yea, I didn't think that we used anything much in the way of whatever
win32 calls "resources", but couldn't find any docs on what they are.

> It also doesn't seem to find anything untoward about mod_proxy.
>
> The other obvious way is a utility called, err, DUMPBIN? Something like
> that.

Yea, I looked through the output of a program called something like that
but didn't see anything obvious.  I guess I will have to do a GetLastError
(or whatever it is) and see what useless error is given (man, the debugger
is pathetic with DLLs).

Unless some win32 person figures it out.  Hint, hint people.