httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <>
Subject Re: config/2664: Syntax error at line 23 of file 'access.conf' (fwd)
Date Thu, 23 Jul 1998 00:26:18 GMT
Yea, I guess it should work, especially since there are no other
/Directory strings anywhere in the source, so it looks like it could be a
compiler bug.  It would be useful to see just what the values of the two
pointers are andtrace where they come from.  Doesn't cause a problem with
cc on the AIX 4.1.mumble system I tried.

I'm not sure I understand the logic behind doing things this way; the 15
instructions at config time don't seem overly worth saving, but I guess
it isn't a bad thing.

I wondered if the code was written to allow it, but then I thought "no,
dean wasn't messing with that bit of the code was he...".  Forgot you did.

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:
> >     if (cmd->cmd->name != cmd->end_token) {
> This comparison is deliberate, and was correct when I wrote it a few
> months back.
> If you study the code you'll see that it's carefully arranged so that only
> a pointer comparison is necessary... look for "end_directory_section" for
> example.
> I admit, it could use a comment for folks not used to this sort of thing.
> Dean

View raw message