httpd-dev mailing list archives

From David Southwell <da...@cyberc.demon.co.uk>
Subject RE: New to this list
Date Wed, 22 Jul 1998 07:30:30 GMT
On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Generally older versions are not in publicly available places, for fear of
> people downloading them and sending us bug reports on things that had been
> fixed in later versions.
Umph I am not really convinced by that argument--

> If you don't want to set up anoncvs, CVSup, or rsync, you can get the
> current CVS snapshot from the directory <http://dev.apache.org/from-cvs/>.
> New builds are put there every 6 hours.

Yep I am getting that set up right now --

Can I  advocate keeping a good public archive  with adequate
pointers to it from the main and the dev sites?

david S.

David Southwell
Chairman
CyberCity Ltd            (European agents for CyberCity Inc. BVI)
+44 117 955 8225            CyberCity Technology in Europe
BCDP Technology ++Beyond the Corporate Doorway Processing Solutions++