httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject RE: wanted: people with windows
Date Mon, 20 Jul 1998 16:34:17 GMT
On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Greg Ross wrote:

> I can't remember the exact error message (and I'm not in front of the system
> at this point to find out).  However I can find out tonight again.
>
> Diffing the files is not a problem (I have diff for windows :), but just a
> quick warning message during installation might be nice.
>
> I wasn't really suggesting that apache should try and log to stdout, however
> other services (IIS, Exchange, etc.) will fail to start and report back an
> error, and not come up to the started status throght the services CP.  The
> services CP has the functionality to report back a failed start with an
> error code, and using this function just keeps everything uniform.

Right; right now Apache doesn't ever report an error to the SCM or
whatever TLA is used.  Depending on what stage the error happens, I think
that either the CP will just timeout and display a generic error after x
seconds where x >> reasonable or will claim that it is started.

I tried having it report failure, but it didn't seem to work.  There is a
PR on this.