httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: wanted: people with windows
Date Mon, 20 Jul 1998 02:20:45 GMT
Well, seems to work ok for me once I decided to stop trying to use the
bastard broken win95 system I was trying to use.  It was just hosed; kept
telling me it was out of disk with 800 megs left, reboot and it would be
ok for a while, then the same thing.  Sigh.  That did teach me that IS's
error handling isn't.

The only thing I noticed is that you can run multiple copies at the same
time, and they don't complain.  In fact, while one is servicing requests,
if you kill it then another one will start.  Freaky.  You can have
multiple LISTEN sockets on the same port and IP.  And netstat reports
client port numbers for listen sockets!?  I don't want to know.

Oh, the one thing that I still would like is if a dialog box popped up
during the install which had something like the cautionary text I posted
earlier.  In the readme wouldn't be good enough.