httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject [OFFTOPIC] query string + image map == ?
Date Fri, 17 Jul 1998 20:34:58 GMT
If you have a url with a query string already in it that is used as the
source for an image map, you end up with something like:

	http://site/foo?bar=baz&whazoo=up?666,1

If the server can handle it, is that legal to expect to work?  I can't
find anything saying it isn't, and ? almost looks like a legal character
inside a query string; after all, it can't be confused with anything else.

The more important part of the question is if anyone has done it, and if
so have they run into any problems with clients or proxys that don't do it
properly?  I could imagine a client that did something like
"...whazoo=up&666,1" by using generic query manipulation routines.