httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: [BUG] Win32 assert: sub_canonical_filename() called with szFile==""
Date Thu, 16 Jul 1998 17:07:09 GMT
On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, snyland@workfire.com wrote:

> Marc Slemko wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, snyland@workfire.com wrote:
> >
> > > Um,  _please_  take another look at ap_os_canonical_filename where the code
blows
> > > away trailing slashes.  As of the last cvs snapshot I have today (19980716130028),
it
> > > builds but still dies at runtime when it sees <Directory /> in the default
> >
> > Yes, that is what I said.
> >
> > The workaround I plan for the release is just to remove that from the
> > default config file for now.
> >

> Oh.  Ok.  I noticed it hadn't been changed in that snapshot.  You know better than I
if
> that is a reasonable workaround that won't mess up people who plan to actually use your
> server in the field (so to speak).  Seems a pretty big stretch not to allow anyone to
have
> a <Directory /> section in any of their conf files.  Whatever.  Let me know if
I can help.
> I feel like I am just criticizing here. My apologies.

If it could be fixed it would.

No one knows how or cares or has thing time (or some combination of those
three) to fix it at this moment.

> BTW, does _anyone_ use the current-testers mailing list?  I signed up, but I never get
> anything from it.  That's probably a more appropriate forum for me since I have not been
> contributing solutions.

The -testers lists are somewhat new and people are still getting used to
them, but the basic idea is that they are used before releaes.

So I sent a message the other day to stable-testers asking people to test
1.3.1-dev.  We aren't releasing any betas at the moment, so don't really
have anything for current-testers...

They are also moderated.