httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Include MultiViews in 'Options All' for 1.3.1?
Date Fri, 03 Jul 1998 01:33:47 GMT
On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Marc Slemko wrote:
> >
> > Because it will really confuse people and break some things.
>
> Really?  Like NameVirtualHost didn't?  Are you suggesting that
> this is a legacy with which we're stuck until 2.0?  I just
> want to make sure I understand..

Right.

I don't see the real gain from changing it at this point.  It breaks
or changes existing configurations in ways that people will not notice
because things will "seem" to work.  It adds more "default" support for
URL variance.

I just don't see any point to changing it right now.  If you can give some
reasons for changing it, I am all ears, but just wanting to change it
doesn't seem good enough.