httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gareth McAleese <g.mcale...@ulst.ac.uk>
Subject Logging Problem...
Date Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:18:11 GMT
Folks,

This has come up before but I have just spent the last 2hrs searching
the web and also looking through the archived mail archives and
couldn't find an answer.

I am having a problem in that not all hostnames are fully qualified
quite a few of our log entries just have the hostname and not
the FQDN.  Though sometimes it logs the full hostname (including
domain name) and other times just the hostname.

I have made sure that host name lookups are on (double in fact).
I seem to remember this was something to do with mod_usertrack as
I have this up and running as well.

The machine is running Solaris 2.5.1 and apache 1.3.0.

Whats more annoying is that sometime it works and sometimes it doesn't
is there a fix for this, will 1.3.1 fix this as well.

Rgds,
Gareth

--
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  Gareth McAleese
  Web Development Officer   http://www.ulst.ac.uk/staff/g.mcaleese
  Communications Group      mailto:g.mcaleese@ulst.ac.uk
  External Affairs
  University of Ulster
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 

Mime
View raw message