httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Fwd: 1.3.1 missing pgp signature
Date Mon, 27 Jul 1998 22:01:14 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>
> > Dean Gaudet wrote:
> > >
> > > I disagree.  Last time I signed a release we got a few dozen emails
> > > indicating I'd done it wrong.  Apparently I wasn't supposed to use the
> > > most recent pgp 5, or some crap like that.  Excuse me, but pgp sucks.
> >
> > Excuse me, but your inclination to give inadequate effort to things
> > in which you're not interested, and saying that they therefore suck,
> > sucks. :-)
>
> Fuck off.  I spent a lot of time trying to get this right, and the fucking
> FAQ didn't exist when I tried to get all this stuff set up.  And I was
> interested in setting it up, I was actually interested in signing every
> one of my messages.

Gee, doesn't *anyone* pay attention to smileys anymore?

Look at it this way: If someone tried to write an Apache module, and it
kept blowing up, and they really wanted to do it, and they couldn't
get it to work after a day's effort, and spent a lot of time trying to
get it right, do you think it would be appropriate for them to
categorically state that 'Apache sucks' as a result?  *That's* the
sort of point I was trying to make -- gently, in a friendly
way, and not adversarily at all.  That's why I included the smiley.

It didn't sound like you were motivated to succeed; I assumed that,
I was wrong, and I apologise and retract the remark.  All right?

> It was discussed, but nobody could point me at a short list of install
> steps.  Now I've got pgp 5.x installed and I'm being told that's wrong.
> I'm sorry, this is a waste of time.

All right, for you it's a waste of time.  I've no problem nor issue
with that.  But other people's opinions of whether it's a waste of
*their* time may differ.

#ken	P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://WWW.Dummies.Com/