httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Fwd: 1.3.1 missing pgp signature
Date Mon, 27 Jul 1998 21:48:12 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> You know, I was going to comment on this thread, because I found Ben's and
> Ken's messages both rather appalling and in error, but it's just not worth
> that much of my ever decreasing amount of time for intellectual sparring.

Didn't you notice the smileys?  I put them in there for a reason..

> Those who care about the PGP signatures so strongly should just sign the
> distributions, end of story.

Not if it puts a significant amount of work on people who were too busy
to roll the tarball in the first place.

I guess David's right - we need to come to a conclusion (if we haven't
yet) whether we should sign the releases or not.  And then be consistent
about applying that decision.  Personally, I think they should be signed,
and by the person who builds the tarball - but if the majority feel
otherwise I won't protest.

#ken	P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://WWW.Dummies.Com/