httpd-dev mailing list archives

From snyland@workfire.com (snyl...@workfire.com)
Subject Re: mod_proxy and win32
Date Fri, 24 Jul 1998 16:01:34 GMT
David Southwell wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, snyland@workfire.com wrote:
>
> Are you referring to a Release or a Debug  compile?

Debug.  I have not tried building a Release version.

> There are problems with most debug versions for WIN32(depending upon
> compiler)!
>

> mod_proxy 1.3.1. (and other modules except info see below) seems to
> compile fine R version on VC++ but debug gives errors.

What?!?  Are you saying that you're getting errors  _compiling_   the debug
version of mod_proxy 1.3.1?  I have not seen compile errors for this on Win95
A, B, or C or on NT 4.0.

(I did have to change a few things in a couple of projects, like putting
ApacheCore.dll in the same directory as Apache.exe, which implies that
ApacheCore.lib is also in that directory, so you have to point some other
projects to ApacheCore.lib in its new directory.  Also had to build a couple
of projects that aren't mentioned in the instructions for building on Win32,
but it does work.)

I've only seen problems when we try running mod_proxy as a dll, using the
LoadModule directive.  This is what I was talking about when I quoted the
error code returned by LoadLibraryEx.  We can in fact run the proxy fine when
it is built into the core, although we're not really using it for much yet, so
we haven't really put it through its paces.

> 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 debug versions of ApacheCore compile on NT 64M 200Mhz
> system but will not run :-(.

Uh Oh.  Could you be more specific when you say, "will not run"? What exactly
are you seeing?  I will go back to my NT 4.0 SP3 machine today just to check
again that we have the new 1.3.1 release running.  I can't remember checking
that since we ran 1.3.0.

> R versions compiled (using VC++.) run fine. I havent tried other compilers
> yet.

We're using Visual C++ 5.0.  Debug versions compiled & run ok.

> I am just about to have a go with 1.3.2
>

> One exception is ApacheInfo which (as yet) I cannot get to compile
> satisfactorily - the problem is with linking ap_* - hope to track this
> down.
>
> All compile fine on NetBSD/Linux using gcc
>
> I haven`t yet tried AIX/Sun yet
>
> david
>
> David Southwell
> Chairman
> CyberCity Ltd            (European agents for CyberCity Inc. BVI)
> +44 117 955 8225            CyberCity Technology in Europe
> BCDP Technology ++Beyond the Corporate Doorway Processing Solutions++

--Jenn Nyland