httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: New to this list
Date Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:18:04 GMT
David Southwell wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
>

> > Generally older versions are not in publicly available places, for fear of
> > people downloading them and sending us bug reports on things that had been
> > fixed in later versions.
> Umph I am not really convinced by that argument--

You don't have to be convinced; it's true.  We're not interested (not
to mention unable, due to time) in maintaining support for beta
versions once the final release is out.  During the 1.3.0 effort,
1.2.x was the 'official' version, and it marched forward to 1.2.6.
Now that 1.3.0 is out, and 1.3.1 is about to be released, I expect
that we'll officially stop supporting 1.2.* in about a month.

> Can I  advocate keeping a good public archive  with adequate
> pointers to it from the main and the dev sites?

Archive of what?  Mail from this list?  It's there.  Old releases?
Not interested.  Something else?  Maybe - but what? :-)

#ken	P-)}