httpd-dev mailing list archives

From snyland@workfire.com (snyl...@workfire.com)
Subject Re: Win32 modules.c: Do not edit?
Date Tue, 21 Jul 1998 00:09:39 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, snyland@workfire.com wrote:
>
> > Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> >
> > > OK, how's this?
> > >
> > > /* modules.c --- major modules compiled into Apache for Win32.
> > >  * Only insert an entry for a module if it must be compiled into
> > >  * the core server.
> > >  */
> > >

> > This looks good to me.  I know that on Win95 we are _forced_ to compile
> > the proxy module into the core because it still has that initialization
> > problem with LoadModule.  The old comment in modules.c was very
>
> You mean Win95 still has that initialization problem with mod_proxy.

Yes.  AFAIK the LoadLibraryEx call still results in error 1114
ERROR_DLL_INIT_FAILED, ie "a dynamic link library initialization routine
failed".  This is only for mod_proxy, not the other modules.

> Works fine on Win98 from what I am told.

Whatever.  We're not yet running Win98 here & more to the point, most of our
end users will not be running Win98 for quite a while yet.  Win95 is still
our primary focus for client-side proxy.

> Unless the proxy module is bigger in size than other modules?

Huh?