httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: bugdb defaults?
Date Sun, 19 Jul 1998 14:53:56 GMT
Paul Sutton wrote:

> +1 on changing to "any".

Noted..

> Umm, I don't know what it is like you you, but over here getting a large
> number of hits can take forever. It would be nice if the browser could
> start displaying hits as it gets them, but because it is in a table it
> waits for the end of the table before displaying (ie4 does anyway). So
> what would be really nice is if it could end and restart the table every,
> say, 100 hits.
>
> Also a sort option to get hits returned in reverse date (i.e. PR number)

Hmm.  No promises, but how would a 'limit to N hits' fly?  And a
'sort in []ascending []descending order by []PR#, []state, []category, ...'
set of radio buttons?

The limit thing I can do easily; the sorting bit would take a bit more.
As for breaking the table up into multiples.. I'm of a couple of
different minds about that.

#ken	P-)}