httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <>
Subject Re: who has is2 they can use
Date Fri, 17 Jul 1998 20:07:33 GMT
Paul Sutton wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > Marc Slemko wrote:
> > > Ben, can you verify if you really can build the single file install?
> >
> > Yes, I can, though the existing apache.iwz file is somewhat eccentric,
> > so I have to change a lot of paths, but at the end of the day, I get a
> > single file install, yes.
> It's designed so you only have to do a single search-and-replace to get
> your local paths into it, but it is certainly easier if you do an Apache
> build and install to the default location (C:\Apache), since then
> apache.iwz doesn't need changing.

Errr ... right - so MSVCRT.DLL lives in the Apache install directory,
does it? (For example).

Put it this way - I did do a build and install to the default location,
and apache.iwz needed LOADS of changing.

I suspect you are assuming that c:\apache is also where the CVS tree
lives, which ain't the case in this part of the world. And doesn't
explain msvcrt.

Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 735 0689|
and Technical Director|Email: |
A.L. Digital Ltd,     |Apache-SSL author
London, England.      |"Apache: TDG"

View raw message