httpd-dev mailing list archives

From snyland@workfire.com (snyl...@workfire.com)
Subject Re: "Win32"?
Date Wed, 15 Jul 1998 17:48:54 GMT
David D'Antonio wrote:

> [...]

Please consider that there are a growing number of products that incorporate a
proxy server on the client machine.  (To fix up client requests, making better use
of  HTTP/1.1 features, etc.) In my opinion, this is one of the most likely uses for
Apache on Win95/98 & is in fact one avenue that my associates intend to pursue.

The good news for you is that there will likely be only a handful of people
actually doing development on Win95.  You won't get normal Win95 users trying to
run Apache independently.  I guess this is a polite request for your continued
excellent support of the Win95 platform.

> >-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@stanford.edu> <http://www.stanford.edu/~akosut/>
>
> DDA

--Jennifer S. Nyland
Vice President, Engineering