httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: win32 os_stat question
Date Fri, 10 Jul 1998 21:51:00 GMT
I don't really see the point of all these histrionics. os_stat() is
clearly not the place for meaningful error messages. Now I look at it,
the assert() is there because I wasn't sure I had analysed cases where
the path wasn't absolute, but I agree it causes problems with seemingly
OK configurations (I say seemingly because the assertion in the
documentation that the drive will be implictly the same as Apache's
executable's seems to me to be entirely without foundation). If you are
prepared to debug the weird cases that arise when the documentation's
assertion is false, then remove the ap_assert(). If not, then track down
what causes the assertion to fire and fix it.

The assert() probably shouldn't be there anyway, because stat() does,
and hence os_stat() should, deal with relative paths, so I'd suggest
that latter course followed by the former :-)

Chers,

Ben.

WE'RE RECRUITING! http://www.aldigital.co.uk/recruit/