httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_setenvif.c
Date Fri, 10 Jul 1998 20:50:10 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> BTW, if Ken needs to have it formatted a certain way to fix a bug,
> surely he can format it, track the bug down, blow away the formatting
> changes, then fix the bug? Or even fix it twice (after all, all he
> needs to do is take a diff, blow away the formatting changes, then
> apply the diff. What's that you say? The diff won't apply? Oh, well,
> blow me down...).

Fer crying in yer beer..!

There has been enormous yammer about "don't mix cleanup with fixes."
Fine, so I don't.  But if you don't want cleanup AT ALL, then
bloody well say so!  (Not you, Dean; you've expressed yourself
loud and clear. ;-)

Many of the changes will disappear as the fluff they are if you
diff with -b.  But you all knew that, and it doesn't address the
bracketisation cleanup issue at all, granted.

As for the semi-relevant argument about 'it should have been
done months ago' - true.  I have no idea why http_core resembled
the pile of ordure it did re the indent effort.  I feel good enough
about that bit of cleanup that I'll cut it out for now.  But only
out of respect and consideration for people, not because I think it's
a Good Thing to leave the code uncleaned.

#ken	P-)}