httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_autoindex.c
Date Tue, 07 Jul 1998 09:52:51 GMT

	:
>   -    if (!result) {
>   -     result = strcmp((*e1)->name, (*e2)->name);
>   +        result = strcmp(c1->desc ? c1->desc : "", c2->desc ? c2->desc
: "");
>   +        if (result) {
>   +            return result;
>   +        break;

You know, I don't object to improving performance, but I do rather
object to easy-to-read commented code being replaced with uncommented
harder-to-read stuff.

The main 'unnecessary complexity' you appear to have removed is for
the compiler, not for humans.  Fine, sometimes - except that the
compilers don't maintain the code.  If you're going to do that, and
make it harder to read, please add comments.

#ken	P-)}