httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <>
Subject Re: 1.2 --> 1.3 config file updater
Date Fri, 24 Jul 1998 08:06:36 GMT

In article <> you wrote:

> So, I want to write a Perl script that people can run that converts their
> 1.2 config files to the same behavior (modulo warnings) as 1.3 files, and
> stick it into the Apache distribution.  Here are the issues I know we'll
> have to deal with:

Sounds good to me. The community will appreciate such a script, I'm sure.

> Maybe something similar should be provided to convert the "Configuration"
> file.  Or if Ralf wants to do this, provides a minimal set of command-line
> switches to the command-line "configure" program.

Hmmm... inside Configuration the AddModule lines changed, yes.  The
.../libxxx.a were introduced and the .so extensions. And a few more variables.
Hmmm.. a converter script would be fine, yes. But OTOH what exactly do you
mean with the "minimal set of command-line switches" for APACI?  Is your
intent that we provide a script which converts an Apache-1.2 Configuration
file into a APACI "./configure blabla..." command line string?  Or do we
really need new options to APACI? Please be more detailed here, Brain? Perhaps
its easy to accomplish.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall

View raw message