httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <>
Subject Re: 1.3.1...
Date Fri, 17 Jul 1998 21:52:58 GMT
On Wed, Jul 15, 1998 at 03:59:49PM -0600, Marc Slemko wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > And we gave up on IS5 coz it drove us all crazy.
> But we do care about that.  It is just a pile of crap.

We have IS5 figured out.

We are ready to give to you a working install package based on IS5.1
in a Package for the Web executable. We'll naturally give the source
back as well, and we can help with any questions you have.

If you think that this is valuable, I think I can get a commitment
that IBM will handle building Win32 install packages for future
versions and as needed, so you won't have to worry about this stuff

BTW, according to the Windows experts around here, NT 5, whenever it
shows up, will completely change the installation process. Our guess
is that it will be difficult or impossible to update an IS2 package
to support this while IS5 should be much easier.

Manoj Kasichainula -
IBM - Research Triangle Park, NC
ADTI, IBM Apache Development Team

View raw message