httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: hpux is screwed
Date Fri, 17 Jul 1998 14:12:42 GMT

In article <Pine.BSF.3.95q.980717005652.376b-100000@valis.worldgate.com> you wrote:

> current code on hpux (and any other systems that require extra flags to
> get an ansi compiler) will not compile at all because TestCompile doesn't
> use the autoadded flags.

Hmmmm... yes we have to permutate some stuff inside Configure.  Too bad that
we don't use GNU Autoconf. Although I've cleaned Configure up in the past it
still is a horrible mess of script code which too much dependencies. OTOH what
is really not good enough is TestCompile. Hmmm...

> This has to be fixed, plus the *dl* replacements really shouldn't be
> compiled in unless they try to use dso support.

Ops, which *dl* replacements? What exactly do you mean, Marc?
What exactly is broken with DSO?

> Sigh.  Oh well, too bad.  You can work around it by manually specifying
> the cflags.

> I am out of it right now, so it would be really appreciated if I could
> have a volunteer to roll the tarball...

Seems like we have two bugs (the ones above), so IMHO we should delay the
1.3.1 release until we have fixed them _correctly_.  I already looked inside
Configure and permutated some stuff.  But its too sensible to just commit this
and think all is fine.  I expect side-effects at other locations now. So we
have to fix it _correctly_ by taking some time for it.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com