httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [BUG] Win32 assert: sub_canonical_filename() called with szFile==""
Date Thu, 16 Jul 1998 17:48:08 GMT
On Thu, Jul 16, 1998 at 10:50:16AM -0600, Marc Slemko wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, snyland@workfire.com wrote:
>
> > Um,  _please_  take another look at ap_os_canonical_filename where
> > the code blows away trailing slashes.  As of the last cvs snapshot
> > I have today (19980716130028), it builds but still dies at runtime
> > when it sees <Directory /> in the default
>
> Yes, that is what I said.
>
> The workaround I plan for the release is just to remove that from the
> default config file for now.

We're ready to contribute a patch to fix the problems with
<Directory />. In fact, we are pretty close to a total
reimplementation of the win32 canonical filename routines. This
rewrite also switches from a recursive to iterative implementaion of
sub_canonical_filename. But, we're not quite sure exactly which cases
we should have handled in this routine. Can someone enlighten us?

Also, we're not sure we'll be able to support UNC names in these new
routines yet. But, since UNC paths can be mapped to network drives,
this shouldn't be a problem.

Once we're clear on what we need to support exactly, we can have the
patch ready sometime between today and Monday.

--
Manoj Kasichainula - manojk@raleigh.ibm.com
IBM - Research Triangle Park, NC