httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject [RFD] ap_getword_conf() problem
Date Mon, 13 Jul 1998 17:58:21 GMT
The configuration support routine ap_getword_conf() doesn't distinguish
the cases where an argument to a directive is missing, and where an empty
string is configured, like in

  # remove descriptive text inherited from parent dir
  AddDescription "" index.html

Here, ap_getword_conf() works just as if the configuration contained:
  AddDescription index.html

and barfs:
 AddDescription requires at least two arguments, Descriptive text followed by one or more
filenames

The interface of ap_getword_conf() currently doesn't allow for a
different handling of the two cases. What do you think would be "the
correct" solution?

    Martin