httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src Configure
Date Sun, 12 Jul 1998 14:52:20 GMT

In article <19980712133252.23652.qmail@hyperreal.org> you wrote:
> jim         98/07/12 06:32:51

>   Modified:    src      Configure
>   Log:
>   Oops... gotta recall that older (and esp. SysV-based) tr's require the
>   '[]' method. This works fine with BSD tr's since it maps the [ to [
>   and the ] to ]. Cover all bases.

Hmmm... yes, I recall, too. But then we should to this also in the top-level
configure IMHO. OTOH we have no PRs got about configure failing. I've even
tried 1.3.0 in the past under UnixWare which has a braindead tr. Hmmm... we
should make sure we don't break something. What do others think? Should we
convert all tr-calls to [x] syntax in general? Why are there no PRs of failure
for 1.3.0's configure?
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com