httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/include conf.h
Date Sun, 12 Jul 1998 14:44:10 GMT
jim@hyperreal.org wrote:

> jim         98/07/12 07:38:04
>
>   Modified:    src/include conf.h
>   Log:
>   Hmmm... A/UX has sys/resource.h but no rlimit()
>   functions to read/write the values. The rub is that it's sys/resource.h
>   file DOES define RLIMIT_CPU, which causes http_core.c to barf. Soooo
>   we just don't include the header

As an aside, right now in conf.h (and PORTING) we describe a HAVE_RESOURCE
define that supposedly takes care of this. It doesn't. In fact, it does
nothing. We assume that if the RLIMIT_* family exists, then the
*rlimit() family does as well. So far, it just looks like A/UX is
the only OS that is affected. If others come up (since we are
automatically looking for sys/resource.h now) then we might need to
adjust things. Maybe remove HAVE_RESOURCE and add NO_HAVE_RLIMIT and
add that... I may do this anyway, just to be safe.