httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_rewrite.c mod_rewrite.h
Date Sat, 11 Jul 1998 18:06:19 GMT

In article <> you wrote:

> On 11 Jul 1998 wrote:

>>   mod_rewrite created RewriteLock files under the uid of the parent process,
>>   thus the child processes had no write access to the files.  Now a chown() is
>>   done to the uid of the childs if applicable.

> Isn't this only required for flock()-style locking?  fcntl()-style locking
> can use the same fd for the parent and children...

Yes, but because of flock() systems we already moved the stuff so the parent
creates the file and the open takes place in the child. Independed if really
flock() or fcntl() is used. So as long as we don't distinguish again between
them its ok I think. It doesn't harm on fcntl() systems.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall

View raw message