httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@newsedge.com>
Subject Re: "Win32"?
Date Wed, 15 Jul 1998 18:10:15 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: snyland@workfire.com <snyland@workfire.com>
To: new-httpd@apache.org <new-httpd@apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, July 15, 1998 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: "Win32"?

>David D'Antonio wrote:

Seems reasonable. I know the "Internet Junk Buster" does its stuff by acting as
local proxy server (and filtering most crap out).

>The good news for you is that there will likely be only a handful of people
>actually doing development on Win95.  You won't get normal Win95 users trying
>run Apache independently.  I guess this is a polite request for your continued
>excellent support of the Win95 platform.

I'm not part of the Apache core group and so it isn't up to me to determine
which
platforms they support! All I was saying is that NT is the only platform to
support
the "real" Win32 (AFAIK). The others support various subsets:

Windows 3.11 (or WFWG):        Win32s
Windows 95/98:                            Win32c
Windows CE:                                Win32ce?

>--Jennifer S. Nyland
>Vice President, Engineering
>Workfire Technologies Corporation
>(250) 717-8966