httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@newsedge.com>
Subject Re: wanted: people with windows
Date Mon, 20 Jul 1998 16:23:37 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Slemko <marcs@worldgate.com>
To: Foo Bar & Grill <new-httpd@apache.org>
Date: Sunday, July 19, 1998 10:17 PM
Subject: Re: wanted: people with windows

>Well, seems to work ok for me once I decided to stop trying to use the
>bastard broken win95 system I was trying to use.  It was just hosed; kept
>telling me it was out of disk with 800 megs left, reboot and it would be
>ok for a while, then the same thing.  Sigh.  That did teach me that IS's
>error handling isn't.

Installed (upgrade actually so I got all those annoying message boxes at the
end (AFTER I had said "Finish") about how it wasn't going to replace all
my lovingly edited conf files :-)

The installer sucked 100% of the CPU for a while before popping up its
main window, which isn't "full screen" the way most IS windows are.

I did the Custom install of everything and it worked fine for the very limited
testing I did.

>Oh, the one thing that I still would like is if a dialog box popped up
>during the install which had something like the cautionary text I posted
>earlier.  In the readme wouldn't be good enough.

DDA