httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Solaris bus error?
Date Fri, 26 Jun 1998 00:26:32 GMT
Ken say:

but Rasmus said:
> Hrm..  Ok, some more data.  I was missing a DirectoryIndex file on two
> virtual hosts which caused mod_autoindex to only kick in for those two.

It's a fun bug to think about in the abstract.  If it's ap_send_size (the
routine that likes to say things like "  2k") that dropped those clues then
it's wonderfully weird.  A serials like that implies it had state, and that
would suggest a bit of uninitialized stack it keeps rediscovering each
time as autoindex loops over the files.

I really want the %4 to explain how rare it is, that drew my attention
to the elegant, but subtle, things in that printf stuff.  What
big fat macros you are and look at you side effecting things and using
misc. state!

Time to go read to the kids.  - ben