httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.on.ca>
Subject Re: Apache Y2K bug in mod_usertrack.c
Date Tue, 30 Jun 1998 08:32:01 GMT
> > I have found that using 4-digit years in cookies causes problems on some
> > browsers whereas 2-digit years always seem to work.  I think the basic
> > problem is that someone at Netscape screwed up.  The original cookie spec
> > at http://www.netscape.com/newsref/std/cookie_spec.html defines the
>
> I bet they changed it after the fact.

I don't know about that.  I remember investigating this problem back in
late 1995 and they had the same inconsistency in that file.  I sent a
bunch of emails to Netscape and posted about it on their news server, but
nobody ever responded.

By the way, that URL sets a cookie and it only uses a 2-digit year.  Here
are the headers:

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Server: Netscape-Enterprise/2.01