httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Two small.... + Faq # 17
Date Wed, 10 Jun 1998 07:34:53 GMT

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Kristian K. Nielsen wrote:

> Anyway...I've read your answer to FAQ question #17 ("How can I have my
> script output parsed?........This is a feature The Apache Group gopes to add
> in the next major release"):
>
> Sorry, I'm new to this list and I was just wondering what the current state
> on this manner is.
> If nobody has started the preparation yet, I would like to help.

If you want a kludge for 1.x it's not hard -- you just need to hardwire
mod_cgi and mod_include together.  mod_include only cares that it get a
FILE *.

The full solution requires I/O layering, and that won't happen until 2.0.

We should be more proactive about producing a set of 2.0 design goals so
that folks can begin working.  I know several folks that have offered to
help and I just don't know where to point them.

Dean