httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: config/2372: If libcrypt is installed, it will be used even if compiling for libc5 (fwd)
Date Mon, 08 Jun 1998 06:27:17 GMT
If you want to code that and test it, go for it.  I don't particularly
care.  As I mentioned in the text for PR#2372 this is a configuration that
very few people will use.

redhat-5.x as shipped support libc5-linked applications.  But you can't
build libc5-linked applications -- they don't include the libc5 header
files, for example.

It's just a rats nest to support both universes on the same machine.  I've
tried.

Dean