httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: [NEWTOY] flow-00
Date Sun, 07 Jun 1998 19:48:46 GMT
Oh it may be obvious, but I tend to think of the Request-URI and the
client IP address as "headers"... and in that sense anything I've said
about headers (for storage/matching/whatever) applies to them.

The flow engine would not perform any DNS lookups.  So it can't "deny from
*.mil" for example.  But it can deny from specific IP addresses... so the
back-end does the lookup and inserts an IP address into the auth record.

I can't figure out a way to support rfc1413 crud at the flow level, it is
a per-connection value that is expensive to calculate.  I've been ignoring
it.  Hey Doug, can you give us a brief overview on how the DCE stuff works
-- is it similar to rfc1413 in that when you get a connection you have to
go do an expensive lookup to determine who the connection is?

And I suppose I should look at digest auth... I have a suspicion my
current model doesn't handle it...  and I'm not familiar enough with SSL
either to know if there's something inexpensive that can be cached in the
front-end.

Dean