httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: Question about ScriptLog and CGI output to stderr...
Date Tue, 30 Jun 1998 08:06:16 GMT
Right.  This is something that should be fixed for 2.0 by adding a layer
in there, but this has nothing to do with ScriptLog.  Conceptually, it is
simple to do this and I don't think the performance is too big a concern.

Note that programs that are designed to make their stderr messages "look
nice" (eg. including timestamp, etc.) in the current system will look
silly if Apache inserts that as well, but that is just too bad.

It is also well worth considering not using stdio for the error log, or
anything else, since some systems (like Solaris) will only fix their stdio
when hell freezes over.