httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: Question about ScriptLog and CGI output to stderr...
Date Mon, 29 Jun 1998 20:20:46 GMT
On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, W G Stoddard wrote:

> I've been looking at PRs 2408 and 2429 and have a few questions about CGI error
> logging and the ScriptLog directive.

I haven't actually used ScriptLog recently, but I wrote it, so I'll try
and answer. Someone who has more experience with what it actually does
might correct anything I say.

> Information (written to stdout or stderr) is recorded in the ScriptLog only
> when the script exists with error status, otherwise this information is
> discarded...  True?

> Should this same information also be written to the errorlog file?

Not if ScriptLog is defined, no.

> What should happen to information written to stderr when ScriptLog is
> not defined?

It goes into the error log (whether or not there has been an error)

> Is it acceptable to allow unformatted CGI error data to be written to
> the Apache error log?

-- Alexei Kosut <> <>
   Stanford University, Class of 2001 * Apache <> *

View raw message