httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: Alternates header
Date Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:48:14 GMT
On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Lars Eilebrecht wrote:

> I stumpled over a section in RFC 2068 which describes the 'Alternates'
> header (content negotiation)...

[...]

>    The Alternates header field will be defined in a future
>    specification.

[...]

> I'm wondering why
> Apache does not output this header for every negotiated resource.

So, um... what would this header contain, exactly?

I think if you #define TCN_02, Apache will generate the Alternates header,
in accordance with draft 2 of the transparent conneg spec. Which is, IIRC,
long since expired. I haven't kept up the the HTTP protocol groups, so I
don't know what the current state of content negotiation work is.