httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: ap_setup_client_block() perversity
Date Mon, 29 Jun 1998 18:55:14 GMT
Because the spec says if it is chunked then there can be no
content-length?

2068:

   Messages MUST NOT include both a Content-Length header field and the
   "chunked" transfer coding. If both are received, the Content-Length
   MUST be ignored.

Technically, we are not doing what the spec says, but I think that is the
general idea behind that code...