httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_autoindex.c
Date Sat, 20 Jun 1998 19:40:57 GMT
On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Marc Slemko wrote:
> >
> > Surely we have a better way to do this than adding an ifdef and
> > doing a case insensitive compare on win32 only.
> >
> > Don't we have canonicalization routines that can be used for this?
>
> Possibly; I didn't think to check the <Files> stuff.  The thing here
> is the pattern issue.  As far as that goes, I'm not entirely
> certain that the <Files> stuff will correctly interpret A.html
> and a.html as being identical on Win32 (which they are).  Hmm.
> I'll look into this a bit more.

No, the trick isn't to treat a.html and A.html as the same the trick is to
canonicalize both into the same format.  This is already done for
requested files to avoid having to give routines that shouldn't care
bunches of changes that will only deal with case sensitivity, and not
other possible (eg. c:/foo and /foo can be the same) differences.

See util_win32.c.