httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (apache-1.2) Wed Jun 10 23:45:28 EDT 1998
Date Fri, 12 Jun 1998 02:07:41 GMT
On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> If the microsoft proxy bug (can't remember the PR off the top of my head)
> turns out to be a protocol problem, then yes I think a 1.2.7 is worth it.
>
> At the moment I'm tempted to ignore that bug though.  Microsoft's proxy is
> broken in my opinion, and if they forgot to test it with the web server
> w/50% market share... well, they deserve the unreliability they get.

I am tempted to ignore their bug too (if that is indeed their bug) because
IIS does the same thing that Apache does.

marcs@valis:/var/mail$ telnet www.microsoft.com 80
Trying 207.68.156.49...
Connected to www.microsoft.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /misc/features.htm HTTP/1.0
Connection: Keep-Alive
Host: www.microsoft.com
If-Modified-Since: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 23:28:39 GMT

HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified
Server: Microsoft-IIS/4.0