httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: funny PR#2422 and rant about list silence
Date Fri, 12 Jun 1998 01:56:30 GMT
On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Alvaro Martinez Echevarria wrote:

> By the way, I have seen today a new bug report (#2412) about the
> FTP proxy problem that yesterday I sent a patch for (#2367). The
> bug is quite serious, as the FTP proxy is not working at all in

Note that even if your patch was committed, that doesn't mean that we
won't keep getting new bug reports even after it is fixed and previous PRs
have solutions.

In this case, it may or may not have helped.

> 1.3.0.  Has anybody seen the patch, anyway? I have sent a couple
> of patches fixing open PRs on the last two days, but none of the
> prominent members of the list has said anything about them (I
> mean the developers with rw access to the bug-db and the
> cvs-tree). I desperately need some hints about how to concentrate
> and optimize my efforts on fixing bugs; it would be a real waste
> of time if someone else did again the work I've already done, and
> right now this might happen as the PRs are still open.

Sorry, there are often far too few people working on bug fixes and the
bugdb.  Right now seems to be one of the slow times, after 1.3.0.

You can get your patches noted in the bugdb, if they are in response to a
bugdb patch, but sending a message to apbugs@apache.org with a subject of
category/xxx where category is the bugdb category and xxx is the number.

eg. mod_proxy/2412

or

eg. mod_proxy/2412: the rain on mars is dry