httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: 1.3.1-dev and next feature cycle?
Date Fri, 05 Jun 1998 15:22:13 GMT
On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> At 03:38 PM 6/4/98 +0200, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> >Now that we have 1.3.0 (and can push it out tomorrow) and the current version
> >reads 1.3.1-dev I remember me that we declared 1.3.1-dev as the next feature
> >cycle. Hmmm... although a lot of stuff is available (at least 5 patches from
> >me and more by others) I'm not sure if 1.3.1-dev is really the next feature
> >cycle. What do you think, should we feel free to integrate new stuff with the
> >regular bugfixes into 1.3.1 or is 1.3.1 already standing in front of our
> >release door and we should only concentrate on making 1.3.1 the major stable
> >version?
>
> Both.  We can continue to add things to it, just as we added a lot between
> 1.2.0 and 1.2.6.  Everything I see in the 1.3 STATUS file I'd be happy to
> see go into 1.3.X; though we should exercise *some* caution and make sure
> we've tested what we add.  I'd like to see us do a 1.3.X release once every
> two or three months, or less depending on the severity.  1.3.1 doesn't need
> to happen before August, IMHO.

I would not be suprised at all if we needed a 1.3.1 a long time before
then, so I would encourage people not to gte carried away with any changes
to the source tree before 1.3.0 is out for a bit.

This beta cycle hasn't been much of a beta cycle in that feature and
changes kept coming in and in and in.