httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: 1.3.0 release
Date Tue, 02 Jun 1998 17:22:30 GMT
On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> 1. Wonderfull job, well done !
>
> 2. I noticed that it is almost too easy to run
>    src/Configure instead of the ./configure for
>    people used to the old structure.
>
>    Would renaming help here ? or an hint if src/Configure
>    is ran without arguments from the command line that one
>    really should use ../configure ?

No, because no one has agreed that configure should replace Configure and
the justification when putting the configure stuff in has always been
"well, it just ads to your choices it doesn't actually change anything."

Not everyone likes the autoconf style interface or thinks it is the right
thing to be using.