httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.0 - really strange occurence (fwd)
Date Sat, 20 Jun 1998 10:00:45 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:48:34 -0500
From: skquinn@wt.net
To: marcs@znep.com
Subject: Re: Apache 1.3.0 - really strange occurence

[This message has also been posted; I mail copies of followups as a courtesy
to those with spotty newsfeeds and the like.]
In message <6lrn67$o3u$1@scanner.worldgate.com>, Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>

NO SOLICITING) writes:

| >I just (tried to) upgrade my Apache setup here to 1.3.0 (from 1.2.6)
| >and requests for the root document (assumably others, too) fail with
| >an error 500.
[...]
| >Requests for /server-status work just fine:
[...]
| Try compiling without any third party modules.

After considerable fiddling I have narrowed the problem down to
mod_unique_id. I'm not sure exactly what *in* mod_unique_id is the
problem, but the problem conveniently goes away when I compile without
it. Something to look into for 1.3.1 perhaps?

--
Shawn K. Quinn - skquinn@wt.net - please consider visiting my home page
at http://purl.oclc.org/net/skquinn/personal